18 4 / 2012
After a crappy day of teaching, I was ready to run… until hubs called to say he was on his way home. It was 4, and I was still doing some cleaning. I just wanted to go home and run, but not really, but I was going to tell myself this so I would actually run. (I have a “rest day” tomorrow (really, I’m running with a friend) and I like to play the swapsies game ALL THE TIME to talk myself out of running.)
40 min tempo run
Just 40 minutes right? My goal was 5 miles, since, you know, tempo is fast. Around mile 2, I got lady cramps. SUCK! I stopped (and stopped my timer. stopping is not tempo) dealt with the pain and thought about just taking a shortcut home. BUT I DIDN’T FTW!
Finished 5.2 miles in 40 minutes. 7:41 pace.
Did the whole dinner thing and watched some meme videos. Finally made mine. Then I said I was going to strength exercises, and I did.
- 15 lunges each leg
- 15 dips
- 15 hypers
- 45 seconds of swimmers (sucked!)
Now I have to secretly make a tres leches cake… maybe I’ll wait until the wee hours of tomorrow morning when I’ll also be doing my lesson planning. We’ll see.
- victoriafindslife likes this
- chrystidoeslife likes this
- betternikki said:You not only ran through lady cramps, but you did it THAT fast?!? That’s amazing. Running through cramps usually makes me want to curl up in a ball on the grass. I feel like it’s an accomplishment just to walk back to my car.
- lifewithkim likes this
- runningwithguts likes this
- fiindingmaria likes this
- fitterisbetter likes this
- emilydoesscience likes this
- operation225 likes this
- almondsofjoy said:You are getting so much faster!
- keepingupwithmcjones likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- easybeinggreene posted this