01 5 / 2012
Did I set April Goals? I think I was in Mexico and was more concerned about enjoying myself.
Anyway, here goes Muscles May!
1. Run 100 miles
My next race is a half marathon on June 2. I’m pretty sure that following my training plan will easily help me achieve this goal.
2. Practice swimming at the gym twice once my lessons are over.
This is more of a courage goal - that I’ll have to go on my own and practice.
3. Weigh in at 130 and maintain it!
I can’t wait to weigh in for you guys tomorrow! It’s going to be good.
4. Log at least 20 strength workouts
I started doing this in April and I’d like to continue through all of May.
30 4 / 2012
Ran 5 miles tonight in 38:47! 7:44/mile average.
Course and other stats:
- Feeling a lot less funky. Was able to tell people IRL about my weird mood, had a good cry, and slept a decent amount. Still not feeling 100% my normal optimistic self. Maybe I just need summer?
- Shoulder hurts!! I visited Dr. Google and decided I have a shoulder sprain or a “separated shoulder” due to both of the falls I took. I think the second one was worse since I landed on my hand and had a locked elbow. It feels like normal muscle pain after a good workout - but I didn’t have a shoulder workout. I’ll have to see what I can do at swim tomorrow. Maybe I’ll work solely on breathing at the side of the pool.
- I love beets. It’s true - it didn’t take much for this love affair to get started. I am looking forward to secondary effects of beets tomorrow.=)
07 3 / 2011
I mixed up my schedule by doing my long run on Saturday. So now I need to iron out the rest of the week and probably really push myself this weekend. (I have a long run -12 mi and an 8k. hmm.)
Anyway, here’s a chart/graphic from today’s run
Distance: 3.1 miles
Time: 25:45 (PR baby!)
Calories burned: 340
I had a coworker tell me that I am an inspiration today. I post my runs to my facebook. I’ve never been an inspiration to someone before… at least no one has verbalized this to me. Very good end to a meh day.