21 6 / 2012
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, throw in food processor for a few seconds
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Set to high for about 2 hours, or low for more hours??
Makes 6 servings of homemade black bean chili.
Ethan decided we should top ours with goat cheese, so we did. Bullya - dinner!